sábado, 22 de octubre de 2022

Choice of two topics (Topic B)


Hello everyone, how are you? 

Today I want to present a person who I admire, Victoria Castro. 

Victoria Castro is an archeologist.  She was born in Santiago, Chile, on July 3st of 1944. She has a long trajectory in investigation and teach. She’s titular and emerita teacher from the University of Chile and she is part of the Anthropologist’s department since it started. 

Victoria Castro standed out for her active participation organization as the Chilean society of archeology and the Archeologist College. 

The reason that I admire to this person is that I met her this year, when she gave a presentation in the class of the  Workshop 1: “the task of the anthropologist”.

I remember that day, it was raining and for any reason, I didn’t have an umbrella. That day was so important because she made a presentation-conversation with us. I didn`t know any archeologist in that moment. But, that day, she told us about the Andean society and some stories of her trajectory. I was fascinated for her stories and when the class finished, I wanted to take a photo with her. I made it, she was so gentle with me and I had a good experience for that. 

Sadly, she’s no longer with us, but I remember her when I look the photo and I respect and admire her.

This is my story, I hope you liked it. See you later. 




5 comentarios:

  1. Hi Fernando!!
    I also remember that day a lot.
    when we stayed after class to talk to her about her work with the "chullpas of Likán".

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello!

    It´s too sad that she’s not with us and would have shared more moments and talked. Teachers and students have good memories and always remember her with love.

    P.D: Beautiful photo, a thing to appreciate.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Fernando! I have to say that I remember that day very well, I was equally fascinated with this great archaeologist. She paved the way for us, I hope she is resting in peace.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I remember that day very well, it was a day with a lot of emotions and it was a different kind of class. Victoria Castro was one of the most important archaeologists in the country, I wish I could have shared more with her.

    ResponderEliminar

Choice of two topics (Topic B) Hello everyone, how are you?  Today I want to present a person who I admire, Victoria Castro.  Victoria Castr...